Return to main Vanishing B.C. page Return to home page
This page last updated February 22, 2002
© Michael Kluckner
St. Ann's is the pretty little Roman Catholic church, built around 1910-11, at Chuchuwayha, the Indian village just east of Hedley on Highway 3. That stretch of highway, which follows the old Great Northern Railway line for much of its length, has much of historic interest, including the "standing rock" along the road to Keremeos.
The best printed source of information on these little churches is Early Indian Village Churches, by John Veillette and Gary White (UBC Press, 1977).